Wednesday 1 June 2011

Hi!
    Boy did I miss out on an amazing St John duty at the weekend!! There were 17 PRFs - only for MAJOR incidents. There were so many minor incidents (plasters/drunk people/even bandaging) that they couldn't even bother with the PRFs. There were broken legs (bone through skin!), drug overdoses etc... And I didn't even go. It was a festival, overnight, and I wasn't sure I could handle that : / But damn it I wish I'd gone :( My first aid trainer, Ross, got an overall 4 hours sleep in 62 hours of duty. Unbelievable and considering what he had to handle - one security guard was bitten, by a HUMAN - he did an amazing job and he won't even get that much thanks. So next time you get treated by a member of St John ambulance, do not throw it back in their face, a 'thanks' is much appreciated. I have another duty tonight, a cycle race at the Lotus track, which is new I hear. Brand new pit lane and everything, although because it's a new track, it will be slippery and these cyclists reach 30mph. Should be fun :)

Speak Soon
Jxx

No comments:

Post a Comment