Saturday 14 May 2011

Another day another post...
Just watching the Eurovision Song Contest at the moment!! It's good fun I have to say. And I am practically walking like a normal person now :)  I have a slight limp but hopefully that will even out. My physiotherapist is the lovely Damien, who is keen to get me back up to my original fitness asap. He was quite brutal in getting me to bend my knee, but he just tossed the splint away, which I was very grateful for! He then measured how far I could get it to bend (a dissapointing 45 degrees) and made me promise to get to 90 by next week. He was a little concerned about the fact that the injury was caused by something as simple as, ahem, walking, and he took a good long look at my x - rays. He told me that I have 'alta kneecaps' meaning very high. And I mean VERY high. Damien was astonished by them. He had a good poke around at both kneecaps, shoving the bad one around as much as he could (making me tear up - damn this psychological pain) but promised me that whilst doing so, there is no way he could force it out. Which was mildly comforting. So now I have a hundred million exercises to do - actually 5, repeated 10 times, 2 - 3 times a day. Most of them require a wall and allowing gravity to put me back into shape. And static cycling. And swimming, without the real swimming. But absolutely no breaststroke - he was very persistent about that.
      Anyway, I'm chuffed to be progressing though I need to ask him the important questions next week - when can I drive or, more importantly, horse ride.

Parlez Bientot
Jxx

No comments:

Post a Comment